Underwater photography in the glass pool
Photography of the objects beneath in the water, allows you to create unusual, beautiful, unique images. Such frames have their own magic, which is difficult to descript. Professional underwater photo is time-consuming and costly process requiring using of the special equipment. The photographer should have special diving skills – he has to stay some time under the water, stopping for a few seconds in a completely stationary position, to fix the camera, to take a picture and not to breathe or breathing with helping of the special equipment. Not every specialist is able to create really high-quality underwater photos. For the photographer his working territory needs to be located in the water, which is not always possible in cramped conditions.
All these factors become the cause of failure of many professionals from working under the water, because even for a small experiment will need to produce labor-intensive preparation, not to mention the regular professional underwater photo shoots. Few people know that creating a beautiful underwater image, not using waterproof cases, without experiencing inconvenience while shooting and not while under water. To obtain gorgeous pictures you don't need to learn a special technique of underwater photography, to purchase expensive equipment and pass juicy courses divers. Just to take a good camera and make a photo session of pool with glass walls. How transparent pool makes a revolution in the field of photography, will be discussed in this article
Underwater photography through the acrylic glazing
We are sure that many photographers would react skeptically to the idea of shooting through the glass. Because we all know how a glass surface can distort the image. The glare, reflections, halos – all these troubles may appear on the photo when shooting through normal silicate glass. Even minor stains and fingerprints, the camera will record with great pleasure, turning them into huge muddy spots in the photo. But we hasten to draw your attention on the key point: for the water glazing of the pool is not used ordinary glass, but acrylic – and this is a completely different material with special properties. The following features of acrylic allow considering it an ideal material for carrying out underwater through the glass:
- The highest light transmission. Acrylic glass transmits 98% of light, does not create shadows, located behind the glass object is well illuminated by sun or artificial light. Acrylic does not affect the distribution of light underwater; the glazing becomes "invisible" to the light radiation. This means that the degree of brightness will not depend on whether the camera in the water or on land for acrylic glazing.
- Increased transparency. When looking for glass pool creates the impression that, the thickness of the clear water hanging is in the air, protected by some invisible barrier. From a distance, acrylic glass merges with the water and becomes almost invisible. The same effect is evident upon close examination of: bringing the eye close to the acrylic, we will see only the water and not the water behind the glass. Visually the acrylic is completely transparent and is not an obstacle to transfer the image to the camera. The contours of the image remain sharp and contrast.
- No distortion of the image. Acrylic glass does not distort the appearance of the object – this feature is effectively used for glass aquariums, including a giant. Everything that happens in the water behind the glass is transmitted to our eyes in a completely undistorted. We see objects for what they really are, not only through the plane but also through the cylindrical glass.
- Bright colors. A photographer cannot worry about what the glazing will make the color dull. Colorless acrylic has no extraneous colors, so the colors of objects are preserved naturally bright and vivid.
- No surface defects, smooth. The camera captures tiny defects and contamination on the Windows, turning them into a giant spot on the photo. Acrylic the risk of such troubles is zero, because, by its nature, this material is very clean and smooth without any defects. With proper care on the acrylic surface do not remain scratches and fading, and therefore, barriers for high quality shooting does not exist.
Interesting ideas underwater photo shoots in a glass pool
We present a few basic ideas that can be implemented using a glass pool.
- Art photography – are the products of the photography with professional models, authentic and with the using of unconventional production techniques. The idea can be useful for photographers who are looking for new ways for the artistic development.
- Home photo session – photo with all family members and their pets in a completely unexpected angles and funny leisure activities with our professional photographers. The technique of shooting through the glass will certainly appeal people that planning the construction of glass pool at their country house or those who has managed to acquire this architectural marvel. The ability to create underwater pictures is an added bonus that provides the glass pool in the yard.
- Sporting events are the underwater images of swimmers in motion, the effective transfer of acute sports emotions, a clear fixation of the dynamic image without the need for immersion of the photographer and equipment under the water. This idea is especially important for sports pools, based on which will be serious sporting events.
Glass wall in such pools greatly simplifies the process of creating photo essays on the competitions, so the presence of glazing it is advisable to take care in advance at the design stage and the construction of the pool.
The pool with the acrylic glazing can be the epicenter of this "photobomb". This is an effective opportunity to create elegant frames with a minimum of effort. The specialists of the company "Poolglass" is recommended to use the technique of underwater photography in glass pool professionals and amateurs wishing to experiment in photography.
- Articles and Ideas
- When it comes to glass
pools and glazing process
- Cost calculation
- Our works
- Completed projects with glazing
- Contact information
- Contact details of
our partners and ours
- Our prices and
- Feedback from customers