Waterproofing of glass pool
One of the most important conditions for the proper functioning of the pool is a reliable and durable waterproofing. The duration of the lifetime of the object depends on how well bowl is protected against the penetration of moisture. Hydro isolation operates in difficult conditions with the constant contact with moisture and chlorine, under pressure of dozens of tons of water. The insulating properties of the coating should last for several years without the risk of cracks, scratches and leaks. In the process of active operation increases the risk of mechanical damage to the waterproofing layer and the appearance of leaky sections, so waterproofing for the pool should be strong and durable.
Installation of a concrete bowl is often accompanied by the formation of the "cold joints". This defect is inevitable, when grouting of concrete shall be suspended and after some time resumes. Frozen concrete reduces its ability to adhesion, a new layer is not grasped with the old one. Between the two concrete layers, formation of cracks, invisible to the naked eye. Through such defects seeps moisture, the design ceases to be monolithic. Water gradually destroys concrete from the inside the bowl, reducing the lifetime of the object. That is why such structures are in dire need of high-quality waterproofing. The outer layer protects the object from the negative impact of groundwater. Quality waterproofing inside swimming pools prevents the penetration of moisture through "cold joints" - this operation is mandatory regardless of whether or not your outside design.
The best method of waterproofing of swimming pools
Today, there are a large number of technologies for the waterproofing of the pools, but many of them have some serious disadvantages. Penetrating, rolling, coating and other outdated kinds of insulation after a few years of operation lose their properties: the coating starts to crack, peel or blister. Expansion joints are formed of a leak. Insulation that made on technologies of the last century, is need to repair and upgrades much earlier than is completed the warranty period of its operation.
All these disadvantages deprived of a modern, efficient method of waterproofing with the use of sprayed polyureas. With the advent of this material there was a real revolution in the industry. There is no need to correct the errors of obsolete technologies and to constantly struggle with the "side effects" of their use. Suffice it to refer to simple and reliable the polyurea – and all the problems with the waterproofing will be resolved quickly, efficiently and permanently. Warranty period for polyurea is half a century, but in fact, such isolation is always hard at work for much longer.
What is polyurea?
Polyurea is a type of polyurethane – a synthetic polymer with a special molecular structure. The material is applied by spraying using special equipment. The protective layer is formed from two components mixed at the molecular level under high pressure. The waterproofing layer is a thin protective film that removes the moisture. Key features of cover – absolute tightness, durability, high strength and excellent aesthetic characteristics. The technology of polyurea waterproofing is compatible with the technology of glazing pools.
Advantages of waterproofing of swimming pool with polyurea
- Polyurea is easily applied to any material, great grappling with a variety of surfaces. Applying a layer of polyurea does not require complex preliminary preparation – just clean the surface from dirt and lightly smooth out the bigger bumps.
- Polyurea has excellent aesthetic characteristics, the protective layer performs the function of decorative plating. Most often for the decoration of the pool is chosen a bright blue shade. The need for additional finishing device is missing.
- The coating is applied in a very thin layer – from 1 to 3 millimeters, making the usable space remains the same.
- The moisture can compromise the integrity of the insulation: even after ten years, provided round the clock and year-round operation in the coating are not formed defects and cracks, the protective layer retains its integrity.
- Material resistant to chlorine – this property is priceless in the industry of pool building, because the method of water disinfection using of this chemical element is still one of the most effective and popular.
- Polyurea – is plastic and elastic material, so microdevice ground cannot lead to the formation of coating defects.
- On the surface of the insulating layer does not inhabit fungus and mold. The pool is securely protected against the formation and spread of green algae.
- Polyurea insulation is not afraid of any types of loads – dynamic, hydrostatic, and abrasive.
- Polyurea is an environmentally friendly material using of which allowed for protection of swimming pools of any type: sports, recreation, children's.
- Material resistant to ultraviolet radiation is bright and rich color, does not tarnish and does not lose its aesthetic appeal, under the scorching sun.
- For waterproofing surfaces of complex shape is not required trimming and cutting of the material the coating is applied evenly on the construction of any configuration.
- Polyurea cold-resistant, therefore, the pool of such coating can be used in the cold season or winter in a conserved form.
Coating – a fast and efficient process. Insulated swimming pool of medium size is possible in one shift.
Technology is suitable not only for the protection of new designs, but also for repair of functional objects worn waterproofing.
Insulation layer solidifies in a few seconds, instantly gaining the highest strength.
After applying the insulation layer the object is ready to use in a day. The use of this technology has almost no effect on the duration of construction works.
During the construction of the glass pools should use only the latest materials and technology. The company "Poolglass" recommends using of the polyurea for waterproofing of swimming pools with acrylic glazing. Waterproofing by polyurea is enduring basis of the glass pool.